Our Sunday Morning Schedule
- 9am Study Group: MABA leads a study group session every Sunday at 9am to discuss mindfulness, meditation and other Buddhist principles. (Meditation Introduction for newcomers in the library, Beginners Study Group in the Chan Hall, and Advanced Study Group in the Buffalo Lodge.)
- 10am Sitting Meditation: The Sunday service will begin with a 40-minute sitting meditation.
- 10:40am Walking Meditation: A sounding gong will queue the group to transition into a 20-minute walking mediation.
- 11am Dharma Talk: Following a total of 1-hour in group meditation, participants will listen to a 35-minute Dharma talk.
- Upcoming Dharma Talks
7/2: Xianxing Sherrie – Ananda
7/9: Xiankuan Don Shushu – Anuruddha
7/16: Xianzhi Katty – MahaKaccana
7/23: Master Ji Ru – Paramita Practice
7/30: Xianxing Sherrie – Anathapindika
- 11:35am Sutra Chanting: The group will end service with 10 minutes of sutra chanting.
- 11:45am Vegetarian Lunch: Please bring a vegan dish. Please remember no onions, no garlic and of course, no meat products
Group of 5 or more who would like to attend and wish to stay for lunch please RSVP via email to Venerable Kungshih that you plan to attend at email@example.com at least a week ahead, or call us if less than a week. Individuals please just join us on time.
Together, we strive to create an environment that is conducive to everyone’s practice. It is customary to bow to peers in greeting as a respectful gesture acknowledging the sacredness in everyone’s being. Please wear modest and neutral colored clothing, remove shoes before entering the meditation hall and practice being quiet and extra mindful as to be courteous of those concentrating in meditation.
In case of inclement weather, MABA will be closed. Please check the Bad Weather Watch on news channels 4, 5 and Fox 2. We will post on there if the grounds are closed on a Sunday.